Lately I’ve been thinking.
Maybe I am the problem.
Or maybe I am not. I am not so sure anymore.
Looking for Prince Charming in this new world might just be a very tall dream.
But that is okay. At least I can still dream.
If you are not a prince, maybe you could be charming at least.
If you are not charming, maybe you could be courteous at least.
If you are not courteous maybe you could try to respect women.
Maybe I’m a little old fashioned or just plain cold.
The term “ice princess” has been used to describe me one too many times.
So I guess it must be true.
But I still think before you expect any warmth from me.
You should be ready to earn it.
I am sorry 21st century guys but:
- I will not meet you for the first time in your house after we have only spoken for some minutes on bbm chat.
- I will not give you a hug or hold your hand on the streets on a first date or if we are not in a relationship. Keep your hands to yourself.
- I will not allow you to call me “baby” one day after meeting you.
- I will not send you a picture of how I look today or what I a wearing when we are not even dating.
- I will not come to your house, not come to your house, not come to your house, I can say it million times over for a first date or a second or even a third. I am not scared you will rape me or try anything funny. It’s not just done that way.
- I will not cook for you in your house or in mine when we are not even dating yet.
- Do not ask me to “take you out”. Even if it is a joke. It is so not cool.
- Do not tell me your financial troubles and how you lost a lot of money ”just last year” on a first date. I don’t want to hear it.
- Do not expect me to call you every day. I will not. You are the one doing the chasing. Please do the calling as well.
- Do not take me to a sit-out to drink beer with your friends that I do not know on a first date. It is so not cool. And if I bend the rules and go with you, do not insist I drink alcohol. I do not like the taste and I am not pretending to be a good girl.
I’m sure you are thinking “this one is too stiff”. I have no apologies.
That is just the way I was created and I feel trapped in this century.